Having just thrown a wedding and gone on a honeymoon in Ireland, we aren’t exactly rolling in the dough to go on a shopping spree. I suspect I’ll be taking quite the shopping hiatus for a couple of months so we can recover, but that doesn’t stop be from looking! I figured I’d skip the shopping for a couple of months, clean out the closet and sell a few things I don’t wear anymore, and then be ready to hit the sales in no time!
1. These shorts caught my eye as soon as I saw them! I’m almost strictly a blue jean-short kind of girl, but these are definitely on my list to purchase this year. Another plus is that I love the fit of American Eagle shorts, so I know these would be some of my favorites! Plus they’re only $30 AND buy one, get one half off.
2. These pants just look insanely comfortable. They would be great for slightly cooler summer days when shorts or a skirt can’t cut it. They look light weight enough that they’d even be able to work in the summer heat. They’re a little more than a like to pay for pants (around $100), but I can budge for something I know I’ll wear a lot.
3. I featured this top from Maurices in my last color crush post, and I just had to share it in this one as well. Maurices has been one of my favorite stores for years, so it’s no surprise that my favorite top right now is there!
4. I love this dress! To be honest, it’s not that practical for me. For me dresses need to be either professional enough to wear to work or casual enough to wear for a lazy summer day. This one doesn’t fit either of those, but I had to add it to the list nonetheless. The price is decent at $50, so I’ll keep it in mind in case we have any events come up!
5. I was never a huge shoe girl. Through high school and college I wore tennis shoes daily when the weather was cold enough to force me to (so like 9 months per year in Wisconsin) and cheap Old Navy flip flops the rest of the year. Then I had one dressier pair of pumps that I would wear to formals, etc. That was about it. It wasn’t until I got my first real job that I started to purchase practical footwear that could be worn in the workplace. I’ve finally built my staple collection enough that I can start to buy shoes that are a little more fun, but less appropriate for daily wear. These shoes are seriously awesome, and I love the color! You also can’t beat that $35 price point!